To bimbigoli: Cyprus - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good bimbigoli 2009-05-04 5:32

Beautiful photo of Famagusta!! Do you mean the Republic that is only recognised by Turkey?

Poly

Old 05-08-2009, 08:34 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To bimbigoli: Cyprus

I think a few other countries have also recognized it :)

As far as I see it, your island is divided into two separate entities at the moment. You may not recognize the north as a separate republic on a personal or legal point of view, but they certainly see themselves separate.

I myself and many others wish that you could be one country again and live in peace. But it was the Cypriot Greeks who voted against unification recently, while Cypriot Turks wanted to unite. Explain that to me :)
Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To bimbigoli: Cyprus

Hi Tolga
We have voted Annan Plan for peace, and Greek Cypriots refused that, and unfortunately they still talk around with their lies like bimbigoli.

Republic is what you feel in your hearth, and I feel an independent Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.

What do you feel about divided Cyprus, bimbigoli? as you consider ALL Cyprus is one government that is A REAL LIE !
Old 06-20-2009, 09:38 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Tolga,
Only Turkey recognises it!!
I wish only peace for my country. Many years ago, Cyprus was a mixed community of people, both Turkish, Armenian, Latinos, Greeks and many others. We lived happily together until the nationalists on both sides started to create hatred amongst the communities. The people believed what the nationalists said and many who did not agree were afraid for their lives. Many were killed for not following them. Sevgul Uludag is actually writing books to show what really happened. Many wrong killings happened. It was a nasty period but many nasty periods happened in many countries and people still live together in peace.

The Greek Cypriots did not vote against living together although to the world that was what it seemed like. They voted against the Anan plan because it was not in their favour and more for Turkey and Turkish Cypriots. The Greek Cypriots had a lot to lose by voting yes. Turkish and Greeks should mix more these days and prove that they CAN live together. It's sad that one small island is divided into two. You know the poem written by Turkish Cypriot that said my father told me to love my country, now which part should I love most!!

Do you believe that we cannot live together?

Poly
Old 06-20-2009, 09:43 AM
TE Newbie

It's wrong to believe that Greek Cypriots refused peace. We want peace more than anything for our country. Unfortunately, not being together and hearing only what politicians tell us makes us biased. My best friend is Turkish Cypriot and I never see her differently than Greek Cypriots. Why should we divide Cyprus? Turkish Cypriots have a lot more to gain economically by being united than to be separated. What happened in the past is history. We should move forward for the sake of our children. In other countries like US, UK the GC's and TC's live peacefully togethe, why not here in their own motherland?

Poly
Old 06-22-2009, 07:19 AM
TE Newbie

We have already losen a lot of things in Annan Plan, but even though, we accepted Annan Plan (because we suffered by isolations), but as you said, you were going to lose by voting Annan Plan as yes. It means you want more and more in this negotiation. BUT this is the point you do not understand. To want more means for us to lose more. We have already lost in Anna Plan and you are asking me to lose more! In Annan Plan, we have already accepted to lose our rights that we have already had in Cyprus Federation in 1960s. Why? To find a solution. Beucase we suffered by isolations.

Because of that, Cyprus issue is a real problem and we, both community, are not able to find a solution. You want more, we do not want to give you more...

You complain about the nationalists in Cyprus. Be careful! Because by asking more and more in Annan Plan, you are preventing the rights of your community, and this is a kind of nationalism.

At the North of island, your Turkish friends are suffering because of isolation and in this point, you are like a ravenous, trying to get more what you can.

I do not believe that we can live together in Cyprus. Your colorful picture as many communities lived together in the past is a dream. I visited ex-Yugoslavia countries. The neighbours started to killed each other in a day. What have been changed in one day? Nothing. Because they feed their hate in the time, and by the manipulation of external countries, the nationalism was grown, and it was easy, because the religions were different, communities were different. And at the end, in the middle of Europe, Serb people killed many Croatian and Bosniak. They were the neighbours, friends...

I do not believe that human being is pure and clean. The war on capital, religion, diversity will always survive. And unfortunately these points will always be breakpoints for the communities, and released as unexpected results such killing each other.

And on the other hand, many people like you will continue to talk about the peace, and will draw colorful pictures by telling only small part of the past. But in the negotiation of peace, you, peaceful friends, will want more and more like ravenous.

If you want to talk about the peace. At least you can say, you, Turkish friends, you are suffering because of isolations, and ok, I do not accept a Republic in Norhern Cyprus but I want to stop isolations in North Cyprus as a Greek person without asking anything. Because this is not right!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:18 AM
TE Newbie

Republic is not what you fee in your "hearth", but what the rest of the world acknowledges, what justice and common sense says, and what very likely your conscience really senses. However, if you have accepted that robbing a land and labelling it "your separate land" is acceptable, it is difficult to see how you can accept world view, and more to the point, it is difficult to see how you can have a conscience. The ground you are walking belongs to its righteneous ownwers, the Greeks of Cyprus, and sooner or later, we will get them back. Because that is the right thing. This is morally acceptable. Meanwhile, you will continue showing photos of our land as if it were yours. I pity you!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:43 AM
TE Newbie

I feel as a Turkish who live in Cyprus. Republic is what I feel and as you feel when you come to North Cyprus ,and I feel that we are succesfull. Because we have been isolated since 1983, and we are still on our foot, standing up. Your political games will not daunt us.

This is my homeland, and if you consider me as thief by covering this land, you are also a thief by occupying Republic of Cyprus as the only owner of this land. AND the world knows that you are not the only owner of this land.

You are dreaming to have these grounds in the future. And because of this dream, we can not live together. This dream feeds the hate between two communities. You are more clear now!

You can go on to pity us! Who cares?
Old 06-27-2009, 10:18 AM
TE Newbie

Remember that you isolated yourselves by closing the boarders. It was you that didn't allow us to go to the North. We had no problem with you coming this side.

We do not occupy the Replublic of Cyprus alone. Many Turkish Cypriots have their passports and rights on this side of the island if you didn't know this already. Cyprus is the land for Cypriots no matter if they are Greek, Turkish, Armenian, or what.

While it is correct that Turkey, as well as Greece and Britain, had the right to intervene in Cyprus if there were issues between the ethnic groups (as there clearly was), they were only to intervene to restore order not to invade and occupy a 1/3 of the country for 35 years now. Which as the United Nations has stated as it was and is a violation of human rights and an illegal act.

Ultimately there is plenty of blame to go around. At this particular time (1974 and before) not many Cypriots were educated much and both the political situations in both Greece and Turkey were very unstable. I must note that I disagree with the idea of enosis.

About the Annan plan for Cyprus I feel that it was the wrong time for it as the two communities did not trust one another. There should have been more forums on this plan as many people weren't sure what it said, and there were legitimate concerns for the Greek Cypriots within the plan, such as dissolving the government of the Republic of Cyprus.

Many Turkish cypriots don't like having the presence of Turkey there and many Turkish Cypriots have lost their lives because they have spoken out against Turkey's presence.

The biggest thing that has to be solved is for the two communities to build trust with one another. If we really care about the people of this country we will encourage the talks between the Cypriot people and hope that they unite together and display to the world the wonderful culture of Cyprus, instead of saying the Greeks did this, and the Turks did that.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:48 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Poly,
You are very humanist, more than the reality. I really would like to have peace as well, like you, but the methodology is different.

You consider that North Cyprus is occupied. I am real Cypriot, not came after 1974 and I say, we are in peace in North Cyprus, we have government, we have laws and rules, we have health policy, we have education systems, we have what you have in South. The only difference is we are isolated because of political issues by you, by us, by world. The Turkish who do not want Turkish Republic of Nothern Cyprus, please believe me that after a while, they will refuse Republic of Cyprus, they have satisfaction problem. This kind of people are being fed by refusing, and complaining. This is human being!

Turkey has soldier in Cyprus as you have Greek soldier in southern part. And please remember how much money you spent every year for re-organization of your army. Please investigate this!

You are in contact with Turkish Cypriots who are blind like you. But on the other hand, there are many Turkish who really do not want to live with Greeks together as you have because of trust issue.

You talk about that the Cypriot consciousness is important. Yes my friend, I can understand you but you are talking like Tito (the leader of ex-Yugoslavia). He tried to create a consciousness called Yugoslavian, and in this community, there were Serbian, Bosnak, Croatian and others. When Tito died, they lived in peace until 1990s, but they did not forget their religion and others, and after a while, the nationalism were pumped from out side of the country as we had in Cyprus in 1960s. And you know the results. And now you are again trying to create the same scenario, to create consciousness called "Cypriot", with different religions, cultures, languages and to live in peace. This method has been tried. We also have tried this in 1960s, but we could not be successful. I really wished to be successful, unfortunately , we could not.

On the otherhand, the nationalism is growing up in the world. The rightist parties are winning the elections. In France, in Italy, in Germany, in Turkey, they are rightist parties, and the electorates are being fed by nationalist activities. In this atmosphere, please forget to create Cypriot consciousness. Because after many years, in this nationalist world, your children will try to kill my children, and let's do not make this for our children.