Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2014-02-28 14:30

Hello Martin,

This is a wonderful photograph to celebrate the meeting of these magnificent six A4 Pacific creations of the brilliant Sir Nigel Gresley! Unfortunately the reduced size seen here on the "new" version of TE does not do this image justice but, when viewed at its full size of no less than 3,500 pixels wide, this picture is truly stunning in its detail and sharpness.

A well composed image with fine colours even although the lighting was less than favourable, perfect exposure and exquisite details and sharpness.

An interesting note too.

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Nice to see you back posting again on TE - I hope we are going to see many more of your lovely photographs!

Old 03-01-2014, 12:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: 3500pixels

John
Hello hardly seems adequate after so many months, but well, you know !
Truth to tell, I don't think I have used my camera since Peebles. I could have posted one or two from the 000's in hand, but, well, I didn't !

I must say, for all the bad light, this came out well. There were hordes of people, you might imagine, but this angle seemed to miss most of them, and gives due prominence to the main man, and of course his famous protege in the background.

As you say, it warrants a full screen view to make the most of the mighty pixel count, it really does stand close scrutiny.

I hope the improving weather gets me out more, and so more posts might be forthcoming

rgds
Martin