To smael: Le centre d'intéret - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement smael 2005-06-11 15:27

Light is ok, but where is the main interest here?
I can't really find any point of where my eye finds something of interest, and this results in looking at the picture and then I'm finished looking at it. I think a motive/a subject should be in this very ordinary scene. The bridge seems nice enough, but it's hidden in this composition...

Old 06-11-2005, 10:41 PM
TE Expert

Default To smael: Le centre d'intéret

Justement, l'intéret de cette photo c'est la composition globale et la lumière latérale qui donne un relief agréable.
Je pense que vous avez jugé cette photo avec une sévérité exagérée.

Precisely, the interest of this photograph it is the total composition and the side light which gives a pleasant relief. I think that you judged this photograph with an exaggerated severity.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:22 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To smael: Le centre d'intéret

Hi Didi!
Some of the words brought out in the previous "critiques" on this photograph is very hard for me to understand. Then I make up my own mind about the photo, looking for a way to express why I like it or why I find it less interesting. This image is just not very interesting (for me), and I write what I see and feel. I don't find the motive. Nice light, a composition where some leaves half-way frames some grass just isn't enough to make a nice photo. Plain and simple. If I should make a big smile here, what should I express when I find a, for me, STUNNING image?? Isn't this the idea behind three different faces in the point-system?
Still a lot of people liked this image, so I guess the photographer can handle one opinion that breaks with the rest...
Old 06-12-2005, 10:17 AM
TE Expert

I think there are worse pictures who need improvement by the photographers.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:35 PM
TE Junior Member

You're right...
YOU think, so you make your critique...
I write mine!

Part of the story is of course the fact that this is an experienced photographer and this image received a lot of points. If a new member who just bought a cam, my expectations are a bit different, and I might write in a different manner, but I think an experienced photographer needs some more direct feedback to not be stuck in the same way of making images. Still I don't find my critique very harsh. Like I said; this image is "nice", but for me to return and take a second, third or twentieth it really lack some point of interest. The light here is not enough, nor is the composition very exiting. This is just a little more than point-and-shoot composition, but I can't find any strong compositional effort in this image. Also a very common image I've seen many, many times before. So all in all I think the photographer needs to improve it to make me give a BIG smile...!

Have a nice camera-day Didi!

;)

Terje