Slides in Vietnam - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-20-2005, 02:34 PM
TE Newbie

Default Slides in Vietnam

Anyone knows a decent place in Hanoi where to develop slides? I tried it once somewhere and they ruined most of my shots.
Thanks,
Pieter
Old 07-21-2005, 11:41 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Slides in Vietnam

There's no way to do it in Hanoi, for sure, dont waste any more but you can do it in HoChiMinh city. I'll let you know the address in need.
Welcome to Vietnam
If you still in Hanoi, call me 09 09 09 95 09, joint our photography group, I would invite you a beer :-)
Old 07-23-2005, 11:33 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Slides in Vietnam

Thanks, although I'm not terribly happy with your reply. Hanoi is where I live, so going to Saigon for my slides is rather inconvenient.
Pieter
Old 07-23-2005, 01:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Pro photographers in Hanoi?

I'm out of my depth here since I don't know Vietnam but Hanoi must have working professional photographers and I'm sure some use film, therefore, have a lab they use and trust. See if you can find one or two-- either in a telephone directory or through tourist information or web searches. In Chiang Mai, Thailand, there was an American ex-pat who advertised his photography and 'advice' in all the tourist brochures and I called him for local advice. If you can find someone like that or a Vietnamese photographer I'm sure they know of a lab in Hanoi that'll do your slides to your liking.

Just my intuition, good luck!

MK
Old 07-26-2005, 11:13 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Pro photographers in Hanoi?

Thanks Mike
I've thought of that already, but so far I haven't found anyone who could help me. I know some local professional photographers, but they think it's quite normal to treat the developed film by bare hands and to leave fingerprints and scratches everywhere.
In my case the uncut slide films had also been folded a few times and sometimes the last 10 shots were completely gone. Most damage was done by vertical scratches.
A real nightmare.
Anyway, I didn't stop searching yet.

Pieter