To smael: Regarding Levels - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good smael 2006-11-04 19:15

Hi there!
I like the composition. Very unusual, and refreshing!!!
It's kind of totally out of balance, yet it keeps it's balance hence to the "gangurru"'s (great note by the way) expression I think. He's kind of shy and curious at the same time, and the placement of him at the side is boosting that!
Yet I think your levels could be much better. It's overall dark and heavy, so you should lighten it quite a bit...

Smęl

Old 11-05-2006, 04:07 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To smael: Regarding Levels

I'm not confident with the usage of the levels bar and tend to move the cursors so that they touch the edges of the histogram ( the midrange I might fiddle with). I also think my screen is bright ( although it is calibrated with the onsite calibration) or maybe I just like the dark and gloomy:) You'll have to give me a crash course in levels when I come back.

Cato
Old 11-11-2006, 01:47 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To smael: Regarding Levels

Hi Mate!
A short Crash course comming up...
In PS show the layer dialog, at the bottom you find add new adjustmentlayer. Pick levels. Then you hold down "Alt" and move the cursor to make it brighter. As in this image the white fur will show in the image first wich is an indication on being close or totally burnt out. Just ignore this but remember wich areas that are burning out. Move the cursor until you see parts of the mid-bright levels are beginning to burn out. Then finetune it until you are satisfied. Then you move over the burnt out fur with eraser to make it right again...

Fy Fan altså....

Smęl
Old 11-12-2006, 04:26 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To smael: Regarding Levels

Thanks dude.
I do it a little different, and I didn't know about the Alt function.

Skylder deg en kald en:)