Edit a critique - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-10-2008, 09:18 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Edit a critique

I couldn't agree more with you...

An easy way to go on the same: you just have to write the 21th (and following) critique in Word and save it with the address of the pict and the next day copy and paste all the critiques from Word to TE...

Chhers,

Loïc
Old 11-10-2008, 09:33 AM
TE Expert

Yes Loïc it's possible
But the result will be same: 20 rated Critics every day, nothing change.
Même en appliquant la célèbre formule algébrique de 4aboqphié/4πR², le résultat sera toujors le même = 4qbc.
Cheers
Old 11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
TE Junior Member

This is what changes:

The ability to mention that you'll be back tomorrow to give points and do it. It makes someone feel like points are being held over their head and if they don't go to that users gallery and give points, they will be withheld. In a way it's like extortion. It's a point-swapping effect and it does no good for the growth and "spirit" of this site. Points aren't that important to alot of people and most people would find that scenario silly but it happens. I know of one user, now that this rule has changed, still writes more than 20 critiques a day but he only gives his first 20 points to his buddies and then the other 8 or 9 (without points) he gives to the newcomers. Surely, what he's doing is within the TOS but does anyone think it helps the newcomers understand the point rating system or encourages them to post photos if they don't receive points? I have always thought that points were encouragement for the newcomers, something where they can mark how good their photos stack up against others in the OWN gallery. Now we have people with 20-30,000 points that seem like they wear them like a badge of honor. Anyway, no offense meant by what I've said, just trying to make understand that there are reasons for the new rule that not everyone thinks about. Even if I don't have the insight of the administration, I have been here awhile and have seen the point-swapping show in it's full glory!
It's not a big issue with most people and if it's not,
Sure, someone can pick out one or two sentences of what I've just said and stand it alone and make it look silly, but add the whole thing together and most people can see the idea behind what I've wrote.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
TE Junior Member

"It's not a big issue with most people and if it's not,"

I forgot the rest of that sentence!

should be followed by:

"then it should be no big deal to them and they should just accept the rule change without a big argument."
Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 PM
TE Newbie

Oi Filipe, eu quero deletar uma critica que eu mesmo fiz sobre uma foto, isso é possível ???
Caso positivo, gentileza informar o link com a ajuda.
Acessei aolink que vc. falou e não ajudou muito.
Obrigado e um abraço.

Hi Filipe, I want to delete a critic made by myself about a photo, is it possible ??? If it's ok, please show me the link or gimme some help.
I went to the link you said and it didn't help at all...
Thanx a lot and hugs !!!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 AM
TE Senior Member

Amigo Martins,

Agora infelizmente não é possível reeditar as criticas. Mas o que você pode fazer é usar [Colocar nova Mensagem] que fica no lado esquerdo das fotos junto à discrição das mesmas.
Espero ter ajudado,
Filipe

nota: mas não vejo fotos na sua galeria, nem criticas, porquê?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:57 AM
TE Senior Member

It seems to me a great pity that the facility to return later and award points has been removed. Sometimes, when one has finished ones points allocation, one wants to go one critiquing. It seems perfectly reasonable that one can return the next days and awards points. The alternative is to wait until the next day to critique and this may not fit in with ones free time. We all know that we must not promise future points, and most of us have never done so. Compared with all the abuses on the site, posting pictures of flowers, domestic animals, friends etc, and the posting on formulaic pseudo critiques such as "Great shot,Fred, I like the color" which abound on the site, our returning next day to add points to a genuine critique seems harmless enough. Also, sometimes we may want to amend a critique, in the light of further thought or discussion.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:27 AM
TE Senior Member

I agree to its opinion!

Filipe
Old 11-22-2008, 12:38 AM
TE Expert

I really deplore the fact that we can't any longer edit our critique for more than 15' after we have posted them!
I usually make elaborate critiques, more about the subject of the photo thanthe technique in which I still have so much to learn!
So, I often want to come back on somethong I have written when I realise it isn't right.
The rules advise to write substantial, well-thought critiques. Well, I think this new measure doesn't encourage that, if we can't even correct a mistake that we happen to have made. 15' is often too short atime to do it in.

I have read in the forums the probable reasons for not being able to edit one's critiques: It would be to stop people who write more than 20 critiques a day, coming back the next day to add the smileys. I understand that.
But, couldn't it be separate? The actual critique editing and the smiley attribution.
I really hope the administration can do something about it.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:45 PM
TE Senior Member

I agree to its opinion!