Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 12:46 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Editing Profiles

When oh when is this going to be fixed? It's been impossible to edit anything in my profile for at least 18 months now. Every time I try to update my information, I get "Cannot execute intro_query". I invited people to visit my "new" website last time I was able to add/change things: but it's hardly new any more! I want to add links to some new Themes of mine as well, but no dice. Can't this be made a priority?

And like everyone else I've given up asking for the EXIF data section to be fixed. But again the website needs this tlc if it's to continue to function. How about doing something??

Frustrated

Will
Old 02-04-2018, 08:36 PM

IBJoel has suggested that part of the problem with resolving issues is the number of different browsers, operating systems and languages used on the site, as well as having the main and beta sites operating.
I'm not blaming IBJoel for putting this forward as I suspect that is the line being fed through from the tech support side.
I am using Firefox and the main version of TE (not beta), and would suggest that you can't get much more 'standard' than that, and I can't modify anything in my profile either. I really do believe that the problem is less with the variants than it is with a lack of interest on the part of IB in addressing any of the faults which appear so regularly here.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:01 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Editing profiles

Hello everyone,

I have been reminding the tech team of this issue for more than TWO YEARS. That's how long it's been since I've been able to edit my profile. I just tried again, in case a miracle might occur.

I can understand an issue taking a few weeks to fix, but a few years??

To IBjoel,

Can you give us the e-mail of someone we can contact to finally get this problem fixed?? Yes, there are several other issues that need to be resolved, but let's start somewhere. There has to be someone out there who can fix bugs such as the ones on TE. It just doesn't make sense... I'm sure IB hires tech people who know how to fix these issues, so what's going on??

I don't mean to sound rude, but this is frustrating for regular and long-time members such as myself.

Thank you,
Brenda
Old 04-28-2018, 05:53 AM
TE Expert

Default Size of the site

I suppose the administrators consider the site is too small and doesn't make enough money, for a proper maintenance to be worth it.
It doesn't seem to steal our data, in the extent of facebook, or am I mistaken ?
Well, when we see the facebook scandal, maybe we can realize it is always dangerous to become too big.
However, Trekearth could be bigger if it was better looked after.

Last edited by maloutim; 04-28-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:11 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Updating profile frustrations

I too have been unable to update my profile for sometime. Once I did manage last year but that was just one success from many attempts in the last couple of Years.
Please TE get this sorted!
Ian
Old 06-20-2018, 04:42 PM
TE Expert

Luckily I don't intend to change my profile but I always laugh at emka who mentions on her profile her "planned trip for 2015", I tease her about it but she says she gave up on that as well since she tried so many times and changing the profile never works...

Answering your question guys, this site is not being taken care off. The only thing we can do is "take it or leave it".
Get used to the fact nothing will be repaired ever...
I made a long list of issues a while ago just to summarize all the bugs or areas for improvement but to be honest nobody gives a ...penny about it
M
Old 09-02-2018, 04:19 PM
TE Senior Member

Default It finally worked!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I found out through the notes of other members that we can now update our profiles again. Thank you to whoever finally fixed this issue that had been going on for years. I hope other bugs will also be resolved.

Thanks again!
Brenda
Old 09-04-2018, 04:42 PM
TE Newbie

Hello rochoa and brendanlo are working on some of bugs as we have time available. We're also doing some work on the other Trek sites.

Best Regards,
Brendan
Old 09-05-2018, 12:43 AM
TE Expert

Default TE Profiles are back

I was able to update my profile today! Try it and see

OTE=willperrett;1297772]When oh when is this going to be fixed? It's been impossible to edit anything in my profile for at least 18 months now. Every time I try to update my information, I get "Cannot execute intro_query". I invited people to visit my "new" website last time I was able to add/change things: but it's hardly new any more! I want to add links to some new Themes of mine as well, but no dice. Can't this be made a priority?

And like everyone else I've given up asking for the EXIF data section to be fixed. But again the website needs this tlc if it's to continue to function. How about doing something??

Frustrated

Will[/QUOTE]
Old 09-06-2018, 04:34 PM
TE Newbie

Hello, can you explain the issue with the EXIF data? I always suppress mine when I'm uploading tests. If possible, steps to produce with outcome and expected outcome. Thanks, Brendan