To tyro: Telegraph wires - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-08-12 23:48

Hello Ann,

Oops, I almost missed this one - just been a bit busy these last couple of days.

This is a lovely shot and one which (like so many of your finer ones) owes much of its beauty to its sheer simplicity - simplicity of composition, lines and colour palette.

As far as I can see, there are two barns here actually, but they're perfectly placed in the frame and a fine strong diagonal exists between the bright yellow field in the foreground and the slightly darker one behind. The sharpness and clarity of the barns is exceptional and I love how that contrasts with the softly out of focus foreground. An excellent presentation.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Always the sleuth (and one who also likes to study exif data occasionally), I'm wondering quite what you "cloned" in this picture? :o)

Old 08-13-2015, 12:00 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: Telegraph wires

Hi,
There were some annoying telegraph wires that I got rid off. There was also an annoying to the side of the barn that I 'cloned out' (actually to be more precise with the much used words I actually 'cloned in' some of the field!) . You are also correct that there are two white barns. Thanks as usual for your kind comments. I am revisiting some old shots and with my increasing experience with LR and getting some quite satisfying results with photos I would overlook because of faults.
Best wishes, Ann
Old 08-13-2015, 12:10 PM
TE Expert

Default Old Images Revisited.....

Hi Ann,

Yes, it can often be quite rewarding revisiting old images - images which before you might just have cast aside - and seeing just what you can do with them with your more advanced editing abilities! I do have Lightroom but so far I haven't really "got into" it - perhaps I need to try and make some time to do that?

Have you ever thought of going for Photoshop CC? At around £8 or£9 a month it's not actually too expensive - when you consider other monthly outlays like 'phone, car, broadband and so on - and certainly a jolly sight cheaper than buying CS6 which, of course, is now starting to get longer in the tooth. I've never been tempted to use "pirate" software - I know some at our camera club do - I'm just too obsessive and would worry about viruses and spyware and suchlike, as well as the fact that it is really stealing - you wouldn't be surprised if you walked out of a store with a £700 television under your arm and got your collar felt by the boys in blue, so why should it be any different stealing software which is supposed to cost the same?

Happy Lightrooming!

Kind Regards,

John.