Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great lousat 2018-11-09 4:19

Ciao Malgo,interesting note as usual,this time talking about the long history of local language and the different ways to write till the last latin solution. But in effect i seen still everywhere the cirillic carachters everywhere. Interesting shop for tourist selling the usual things as i can see in the WS,but something of different too with these home made souvenirs,i think make with the tourist can read. I heard italian guides many times me too,a trip there is one of the most cheap talking about the prices,but very hard to have a
visa to enter. Have a nice weekend and thanks,Luciano

Old 11-09-2018, 12:31 PM
TE Expert

Talking To lousat: Visa to Uzbekistan

Ciao Luciaano,

What do you mean by very hard to have a visa to enter? It is very easy and cheap. Just to fill the application form online and after three days and 20 dollars fee it is ready. Then only to print it, no need to have it in the passport.
Best regards MAlgo
Old 11-09-2018, 12:47 PM
TE Expert

Hello Malgo and Luciano,

It seems that the Uzbek visa rules have changed quite recently. The last time I checked, a few months ago, Polish citizens very among the few who could easily enter the country by getting a visa at the airport, but now I see they have introduced the easy e-visa for 50 nationalities, including almost all EU-countries (except France and UK!). Likewise Azerbaijan changed its rules last year, from very complicated and expensive to very easy and relatively cheap.
Cheers,
Gert
Old 11-09-2018, 12:48 PM
TE Expert

Default ...

For us it was more difficult, we had to fill out the form and report all the trips and hotels provided in the different cities, then we had to send the passport to the Uzbek embassy in Rome to get a passport visa. One month of time and 100 euros for the visa in addition to shipping costs.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:59 PM
TE Expert

Hello Luciano and Gert,

Citizens of France do not need the visa for a stay up to 30 days, so they have even better.
Malgo
Old 11-09-2018, 01:31 PM
TE Expert

Default ...

However it seems that the nation with the longest wait to get a passport is Italy. it is necessary to make an appointment online and the first available places are in 3 months, and then it takes at least 40 days for the release. I did it on October 9th and I have not received it yet.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:44 PM
TE Expert

But if you had been a citizen of, say, North Korea, you could be sent to a prison camp even for just asking for a passport.
So Italy isn't so bad...