To tyro: Perthsire? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-08-06 5:14

Hello Ann,

So this is a challenge, eh? Right, well, after a little bit of research, I reckon you probably parked your car at the roadside at the entrance to a muddy track at 56.842590, -3.437849 - hopefully you will be able to see the location if you look at Google maps here and drag the little yellow man down to the red pin - hopefully it will work, otherwise just copy and paste those coordinates into Google Earth and look from there. It looks like you were heading north here and I think the tall mountain in the distance to the left of the road is Glas Tulaichean.

Anyway, enough of sleuthing. The light here is very dramatic, the bright sunlight bursting through the clouds above and illuminating the yellow grasslands beautifully and in sharp contrast to the dark and threatening sky above. A very fine composition and an image with fabulous light and colours, so typical of Scotland on a troubled autumn day. Beautiful silvery reflections on the wet road too. This is somewhere I've not been for many a year - a return visit is definitely due soon!

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: Perthsire?

This looks exactly right and by using a map of counties I place that in Perthshire then (rather than Aberdeenshire which is just north a bit). I knew you would find it - thanks for your interest and kind comments.
Best wishes, Ann
Old 08-06-2015, 01:30 PM
TE Expert

Default Not that difficult, really!

Hi Ann,

Glad you thought that this was the right place! Do you think that's where you parked the car? Or maybe you walked a bit from the car before taking the picture?

Actually, it's not that difficult and I've even managed to tell Lisa where she's taken pictures in Australia - just a case of following the clues and then trying to compare the TE photograph with what you see when accompanied by your little friendly Google yellow man! Unfortunately the yellow man doesn't stray off road. You really must try to add some co-ordinates to your TE uploads - it's a piece of cake - but maybe you're not quite so sad an individual as me!

Take care.

Kindest Regards,

John.