To annjackman: Different location.....! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great annjackman 2015-08-10 3:29

Hello John,
That magical light has created a super atmosphere and the winding fence and road are essential in taking the eye through the mountain pass. The very dark sky at the top hold the picture in perfectly. Love it!
Kind Regards, Ann
p.s. Clodo wondered whether we had been photographing together as my picture has similar elements but I see that yours taken was further south

Old 08-10-2015, 11:56 AM
TE Expert

Default To annjackman: Different location.....!

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your kind remarks on this one!

Yes, quite a different location. You were well north of Perth and here I was south of Biggar. You were looking north and here I'm looking pretty much south. But, yes, I can see that the light and the scenery are not all that dissimilar!

Actually, if I'm not mistaken (and I'm sure you'll remember it too), Mike uploaded a picture with some very dramatic lighting which he had taken on this road (not the same place but a little farther north I think) - taken on his way driving home from our meeting in Peebles. I'm sure you'll remember that as it was quite a dramatic image.

But the trouble is that Mike's TE account appears to have been severely compromised. I first noticed that a couple of days ago when a couple of critiques he had written on my pictures suddenly appeared: they were pictures I had put on months ago and, by the reading of his wording, he appeared to have written them months ago too. If you look at his account, you will see that all his critiques are there but all his photographs have vanished! I've been texting poor Mike about this and he believes that his TE account might have been hacked into. I really don't understand that at all - I can understand why people might want to hack into peoples' bank details and suchlike but what is to be gained by hacking into a TE account? I just hope he manages to retrieve all his wonderful images here though he does assure me that he still has them all stored at home.

Did you have fun at the Mall Galleries? Sounds like Gert did - I'd love to meet that chap! And, of course, Will and Jasmine were there too - as well as Kasia whom I've not met.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:22 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Mall Galleries

Hi,
Dave and I went on Saturday because Holly's 4th birthday lunch was on Sunday (the day after her birthday). Had a wonderful chat with Kasia and Gert, and a quick lunch in the National Gallery with Gert.

The exhibition was well worth visiting and Kasia's contribution was first class.

It turns out that not only does Kasia live quite near she works even closer to our Carshalton flat so I hope that we will meet again soon.

Best wishes, Ann
p.s. an odd thing about Mike's TE account