To macjake: How to pick pictures ? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2020-04-06 14:29

Hi Paul
great to have you back on TE.
I just read your note, its very inspiring...now I REALLY want to travel to Laos. I would imagine Laos being total OPPOSITE to Thailand and Vietnam (i was in thailand for a month, but it was 15+ years ago). classic kind of shot here with the hills and plantations, I like it a lot. I can't wait to see all your other shots. So many countries you visited...how do you pick which shots to show first????
cheers
Craig

Old 04-08-2020, 07:06 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: How to pick pictures ?

Thank you Craig,

How to pick pictures ?
It is impossible to make a report of all those months as I did on previous trips.
So I just randomly choose. I don't have a system ...

I wouldn't say that Laos is the opposite of Thailand or Vietnam.
Also in Laos there are a lot of foreign tourists. Only the very north of the country is still quiet.
In general there are less foreign visitors in Laos than in the surrounding countries. The contrast with Cambodia was huge. I had the impression that everybody was in Cambodia when I was travelling there.
But some places in Laos are very touristic. The most famous place is Luang Prabang.
There was real mass tourism there (western and Chinese visitors).

Best regards,
Paul