To Janice: Thanks for your critique - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Janice 2006-08-01 2:17

Oh Yes! This is just great Steve. Such a super view and your optical zoom has given you an excellent result. I haven't been to the Elevation restaurant, but have taken a similar view (but no where as good as this shot) from the Tourist Centre on the Scenic Drive.
This photos is awesome and I like how the afternoon sun is shinging on the Harbour Bridge and the Auckland CBD buildings. Even Coromandel stands out behind Rangitoto, and Great Barrier is seen in the BG on the left.
Are you living in NZ now or on holiday? I've been in Oz for the last week, returning today - haven't checked my photos yet - must do it now!!!
Well done,
Janice

Old 08-03-2006, 11:29 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Janice: Thanks for your critique

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I was only in NZ for 3 weeks on this occasion, and am back in the heat of a UK summer now. Although, as you can tell from these photographs of my recent visit, we had pretty exceptional weather whilst we were there. I think the cooler air temperature creates less heat haze in the winter, and as such provides a fantastic clear view.
There is a very good chance I will return to NZ, but first I have a few years work to get through before I can afford another trip! ;)
As always, I look forward to seeing some more of your photos from NZ, as well as maybe some from Oz.
Regards,
Steve