To Royaldevon: Weather.... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2019-08-16 9:15

Hello John,

Well, that was most unexpected!!!
These two photographs give us really sharp details of the living statue and some very unexpected details of the living statue!
They are fine examples of using the shallow dof so that the focal figure is impressively sharp, whilst the slightly blurred b/g creates an excellent sense of place.
The only disappointment is that there are no open-mouthed faces in shot, as she lifts her skirt!

You seem to have had better weather in Edinburgh than we have been experiencing! The last two days have been none-stop rain and the wind is blowing hard, now! We had a lovely plum tree, heavy with fruit and the weather has brought down one of the main branches. The fruit is still green so I cannot imagine that it will ripen, though I have rescued a bit of it!

All the best,
Bev :-)

Old 08-16-2019, 05:49 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Weather....

Hello Bev,

Thank you for your kind words about this one! I'm pleased that you are not offended by the workshop picture - and I hope no moderator is either because, actually, this was all just good (clean!) fun, it was in a public place and people of all types and all ages were present.

And, actually, yesterday was a glorious day in Edinburgh. Like yourselves, we have had some very strange weather of late: lots and lots of prolonged heavy rains but occasional dry and sunny periods. And it's never been at all cold. So I find it's just pot luck what the weather's going to be. Last Sunday at the Biggar vintage rally the weather was atrocious - just as it was in your neck of the woods.

Such a shame about your plum tree. I hope that the main part of the tree is still viable. I'm not sure if you can ripen plums a bit like you can with tomatoes. But I'm sure that there must be some recipes in which you can use unripe plums - perhaps some chutney? I certainly remember that my mother used to make chutney with unripe tomatoes so maybe the same could be done with plums? Who knows? Maybe Mrs. Beeton would have an idea.

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. And I believe you have a new "passion wagon" as Len calls it. Enjoy!! Maybe could meet you at the Falkirk Wheel one day?