To mkamionka: Pranburi Mangrove Rehabilitaltion - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2010-01-26 3:17

Hi Urs,
this is probably not the highest quality but I like very much the theme.
The dense forests like a rain forest are extremely difficult to photograph. I have couple of shots from Hawaii in a thick forest. I may scan them in the next future.
In the forest there is always not enough light and strong contrasts.
I think you have to use the tripod and avoid the flash. and it may come out more naturally more impressive.
I envy you these fantastic photo opportunities.
It is an incredible place!
TFS
M

Old 01-27-2010, 10:41 AM
TE Expert

Exclamation To mkamionka: Pranburi Mangrove Rehabilitaltion

Hi friend

The flash worked wonders but I'm still not happy with the branch in the FG which is overflashed. Mangrove forests are very dark and few light comes through, tripod could be an option, but you have to stand on the wooden walkway or when trying the same thing in a real mangrove forest, you are in the water and the sand. Most probably your tripod will not stand rather sink in the real forest while on the wooden walkway there always will be vibrations of people walking. I really do not know how to solve the riddle. I tried to shoot without flash using ISO 400, that is max I shot, I do not go higher because the shot will be grainy in my view. If you know a way out of this, I will try it. Please keep in mind the shooting in a jungle is different. Yes there is minimal light, but you can find a good place to put up your tripod. I'm really interested to see your scanned photographs.

Thanks for your critique

Best regards
Urs