Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2018-11-18 0:30

Hi Chris
Oh I have so many questions. Did you stay for the lighting of the candles at night at the temple door? I see photos of that and it looks like a cool experience. How many people per tent? and what about food? I want to do this. awesome post, it makes me want to go and makes me ask a lot...sorry :)
cheers
Craig

Old 11-18-2018, 10:54 AM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: Wadi Rum

Hi Craig

There is no temple at Wadi Rum that I know of. I was the only one in the tent that I had, but they have 3-4 beds for family groups. Food was included in the price but like most of North Africa and the Middle East, you pay an extravagant amount extra for drinks, even water. At midday until power came on at 4 pm I would hang around the bar which had a giant sunshade over the top of it and just sip iced water or cola. I developed a liking for humus which is like a mild mustard. In Luxor I would go to a mini mart and get drinks far cheaper and store them in the hotel fridge. Wadi Rum is well worth doing. It's like Monument Valley in AZ or Moab in Utah. Scenes from Lawrence of Arabia were shot here. In the morning until around lunch time I would be out in hired jeep at $50 a day looking at all the scenery. One afternoon I went out to catch a sunset and spotted a camel trek group.

Cheers!