To daddo: not a photocopy of life - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great serp2000 2013-04-22 22:54

Namaste, Muthusamy,

I love this juice with ice too. I tasted it in Goa. Simple and yummi drink. Good presentation of the daily life scene.
Serghei

Old 04-23-2013, 11:09 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To daddo: not a photocopy of life

Hello Klaudio.....thanks...I think the ideas and moments are many, but the picture a moment in eternity, but in our minds ...... The photo is not a photocopy of life, but many others!!
"I think the best pictures are often on the edges of any situation, I don't find photographing the situation nearly as interesting as photographing the edges ... I believe in the resonance and staying power of quiet photographs. The photos in this (book) were not hard to make. They required a certain seeing, but few special techniques, and no tricks. Something though was hard. It was hard being between photographs and not knowing when or how another image would reveal itself .. In so many cases the photograph is a momentary thing that is soon going to change. Once it's gone, it's gone. We have to put it in the box when it happens. - William Albert Allard "
Geo..
Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 AM
TE Senior Member

Default When to seize the moment

Hi Georgios.In your quote there is a phrase " a certain seeing". That scene of yours was obviously experienced by you in a series of moments. All I am pointing out is that the moment you chose to take the photo was for me not the best. Of course the man did walk along a certain path and was from your POV behind the potted tree for a second or two. We do try to capture a moment (maybe for eternity-or as long as people see the work) but does it mean that we cannot anticipate, judge and decide while we look through the viewfinder? From your artistic assessment, does the man without a face add something to the image or does he detract something from the captured moment in time?
I used to rush when taking photos and on TE I came across Keribar (Izzet) who taught me one thing- be patient, wait if necessary for a better moment.
Regards,
Klaudio
Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 AM
TE Senior Member

Default hello Claudio

Hello Claudio.....thanks....I have not posted in TE ever people if I have not asked; if they want; I can not remove them from the landscape or the silhouette! ..
(All I can do in my writing is to stimulate a certain amount of thought, clarify some technical facts and date my work. But when I preach sharpness, brilliancy, scale, etc., I am just mouthing words, because no words can really describe those terms and qualities it takes the actual print to say, "here it is." - There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs .... a photograph is not an accident - it is a concept ... A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed ..I respect everything in change and the solomn beauty of life and death. I believe man will obtain freedom of spirit of society, and therefore while man amidst the emence beauty of objective bodies, he must possess the capacity of self perfection and must observe and represent his world with full confidence. I believe photography is a tool to express our positive assessment of the world. A tool to acquire ultimate happiness and belief. Ansel Adams)
regards.....Geo