Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2019-01-17 7:26

Hi Bev,
I thought it was a photo from York! or Notre Dame in Paris...
Great capture, the architecture is spectacular indeed.
Nice crowd of tourists, they provide some life and color without disturbing too much.
I suppose this is in a "driving distance" from UK yet, although when we live in the north it becomes altogether a bit long drive.
Wonderful postcard like presentation!

Yes as an immigrant living in the UK I wonder what the political situation may bring...
M

Old 01-17-2019, 03:50 PM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: Political Turmoil!

Thank you for your warm critique, Mariusz.
I had been told about the beauty of Reims Cathedral by people who knew we would be stopping off there for a day but refused to research it as I wanted to judge it for myself. I love York, Beverley, Lincoln and Notre Dame (Paris) Cathedrals and this is roght up there, in the same bracket! Just stunning!

As regards Brexit, I feel ashamed at the decision to leave Europe and the behaviour of many politicians in the lead up to the exit!
These people were voted in to look after the welfare of our country and seem to be vying for attention and tussling on party lines rather than what is best for the country. A lot of lies were bandied about initially! Can it be sorted out!
You must be feeling insecure and my brother-in-law, living in France, is feeling equally insecure.
I'm sure that people, like yourself, living and working in this country will have job security but I can understand how you must feel!
Most people in the U.K. are aware that 'most' immigrants enrich this country and respect the hard work that they do!
How were people like Nigel Farage allowed to have such an influence!!!

Kind regards, Bev