To Lisas_world: Scale and self portraiture - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Lisas_world 2006-01-16 7:36

Well your head just keeps showing up, Hugh. I had forgotten what "Thanatos" was until I looked it up just now. Excellent title. I love statue.. and the blurred treeline gives the scene a bit of surrealism.. The only thing is I wish we had a little closer shot of the angel and the head to better focus on their strange communion..the head sort of gets lost at that size with all the detail behind it.

Lisa

Old 01-16-2006, 03:49 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Lisas_world: Scale and self portraiture

That is an excellent idea. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting a dozen times. Perhaps both black and white and color this time since the leaves have dropped. I did have few closer shots from this series but they did not come out well. One had hand shake and the other was way too contrasty. Apparently I needed to cut my development time another 5% on that roll. I wish I could take one of my heads with me to Peru, but weight is going to be a significant issue. Also, we want plenty of space in luggage for goodies coming back: Peruvian llama yarn and blankets and raw minerals (I collect rocks.) I would be loathe to leave behind one of my plaster casts. I also am working on an idea for doing a half body caste of myself half buried and rising from the ground for a series. That one will have to wait though. That much plaster will be pricy. We just payed for Peru, and my art is on a budget for a bit. Besides, it will give me some time to shed a few more pounds. :-)

Grav