To Clairedelune: :)) - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Clairedelune 2008-03-01 19:18

Dear, dear Teresa...
Let me gather my thoughts... right now they are all scattered... or more appropriately said, they just disappeared when I looked at your photo.
I'll be back with a - hopefully, though I have my doubts - proper - if not useful - critique.
Claire
Mmmm... I'm back Teresa, but still not sure what to say.
This is one instance of a photo so close to be a painting. Rembrandt comes to my mind. But, I think about another painter, but I don't remember his name...
Very unusual type of photography. You are developing your own style, Teresa. And I admire you for that. Your name is written each time more strongly on your photos.
Look Teresa... as much as I try to say something about this photo, I just can't. I see their united hands, his right hand on her shoulder, the beautiful, soft light on their faces, his kiss or his whispering in her ear... and I find myself simply unable to utter just another stupid word.
Thanks Teresa...

Old 03-01-2008, 06:48 PM
TE Expert

Default To Clairedelune: :))

I'm waiting with my heart beating :)) T.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:33 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Clairedelune: :))

Thanks a lot Claire. Thought you'll be much more critical and am happy you were so kind not to point some faults I've made (and that I've made some is granted). However I myself have found this photo very interesting to develop. And it's possible I'll try again when more advanced in colour post processing.

As to the painter I must admit I've thought of Murillo rather than Rembrandt while working. I think the bond with old paintings is obvious - they use to be covered with old varnish darkening original colours. And I've thought not only of old varnish but also of some (perhaps false) colours of certain Murillo's reproduction in presence of which I used to live as child :)))

Thanks and best wishes
Teresa