Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great olli 2004-02-03 5:40

What a beautiful animal! I like the different poses of them. Technically excellent shot. Great light, beautiful tones.

As in your previous shot the simple background works well, but I just wish there were some interesting elements...

Old 02-03-2004, 02:05 PM
TE Newbie

Default To olli: Background

Hi Olli

Yes, I agree, a more "African bush" type background would be so much more interesting.

Just to explain, we found quite a lot of animals on these so-called "pans", which are basically just big open spaces where water used to be. The animals graze there and get a lot of their required nutrition from these mineralised pans.

The dynamics of these pans are very interesting. Herbivores have to risk going there to graze and get water. Predators know the herbivores are there, and like to hunt in the open space. The herbivores, on the other hand, can spot the predators more easily in the open, so it ends up in a kind of "stand-off", a balance that only nature can pull off.

Anyway, I have a couple of postings left of this place, and will include some with a more "traditional" African background.

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate your advice!

Henry