To jvachon: Veterans Day - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jvachon 2008-11-12 6:51

Hello Larry,
My dad was a soldier in WW2. 5 years in the infantry.
A wonderful tribute for the fallen heroes.
I like the vertical format of the flag at half mast.
Nice compo and perspective.
TFS,
Joni

Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To jvachon: Veterans Day

Joni, my good friend, thank you very much. You are very kind an your comments alwasy appreciated. I look forward to your next impressive composition an hope you have an excellent remaining week. Thanks again for your important continued support. Larry

Joni, the small flag is my Dad's flag. Dad's flew out of Blackpool my times and eventually got home and bought the ranch next to Grandpa, why up in Northern Nebraska. Than Dad was called back into the Korean war and caught polio and was never the same again. Sorry to ramble on. Larry
Old 11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Veterans Day

Hello Larry,
Thanks for the info about your dad. I always so appreciate the efforts made by those brave men and women. Thanks for telling me that is his flag.
My dad also suffered from 'shell shock' or post traumatic stress as it is called now.
he never missed a remembrance day parade and ceremony at the epitaph. At his funeral his Canadian Legion war veteran pals were his pall bearers, and the reception was held at the Legion Hall.
The best,
joni