To tiggertiger: Sorry - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement tiggertiger 2008-09-13 20:27

You seem to have a lot of photos which appear as if you haven't asked permission. For example in this photo, I actually know these people - they are my neighbours. And I know for a fact that the first lady Mrs He doesn't like her photo being taken. Did you ask them? I suspect not. Would you do this back home? I suspect not. Stopping taking!

Old 11-23-2008, 10:23 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To tiggertiger: Sorry

About your comment and taking photos. I am sorry you feel this way. So many at TE share photos of real daily life, yet daily life would not be the same if we asked people to stop and no longer do as they do in daily life. That is what it means. Each of the people in the photo I was taking were active and interesting. It is not ever intended to show them any disrespect - Lijiang is designed for a viewer's village, it is a setting - somewhat staged. People dress for the background and become part of the beauty. They can not help to expect that some photos will be taken and appreciated. This is part of the marketing and encouraging of visitors.

I appologize to you and to your friends. I hope they will forgive my rude intrusion.