To sohrab: Hi - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great sohrab 2005-03-08 7:23

ok so there's no WOW!!!!! coming from me here
the idea is very nice, but there are certain things here that i really don't like at all

1. the toning and the contrast:

i've never really been fond of digital photographs that have been converted into colour. i can only think of simon(flydragon) whose digital conversions are somewhat close to the rendition of a good black and white film. but then again he's a professional and he's been doing this for a long time now.
as far as you're concerned i think you should play around with the contrast a little more. if you can make this a little richer and more contrasty i think it'll make it better. at the moment it's extremely dull. (no offence meant to anyone here)

2. i'm a little confused trying to figure out what the decisive moment is over here. at the moment this looks like a usual touristy photograph in which both barbers are more than happy getting themselves photographed. while the idea is not bad on its own, i think you could have caught something much more interesting here. you don't always have to capture the subjects looking into the camera you know :). ok maybe if the toning was better i wouldn't have had such a grudge against this scene here.

take care

Old 03-09-2005, 07:24 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To sohrab: Hi

Sohrab,
I was expecting ur critique on this particular image very much,but was not sure wheather u come back from ur exam or not.
i need to say that it was ur critique that helped me to make and go for better phtograph to shot in future..
Just a couple of things.. I was concentating on the boy more while taking the photograph so i thought that sitting for hair cutting may be a decesive moment.. :).. And yes you r right.. I too did not expect that both the fellow will look at me..actually when i was composing the shot suddenly he understood that i m going to take a snap and he was gazing at me forgetting his work.I did not inform him while taking the shot.But he understood that and made this mistake.
I always look forward to get critique from u.. I thank you for this constructive critique..