To MJR: Thanks - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great MJR 2011-07-02 7:06

Hello Donato
What a well timed moment. TWO waves breaking at once. And some wonderful light burning through to give some magical colours to the wave and foreground.
A worthy 122 points, no, now 124 !

Rgds
Martin

Old 07-02-2011, 04:35 PM
TE Expert

Default To MJR: Thanks

Hello Martin,

thank you for your visit and kind comment.
I'm often away from home during summer but I'll surely keep an eye on your gallery in future.

Best regards,
Donato
Old 07-02-2011, 10:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Let me guess

Donato

I guess from your image above, ( different from your home page ? ) and from some of your other photos, you are off sailing.. That could give you some great photos, but maybe you are kept too busy with sheets and and sails and stuff !

Thanks for popping by !

Martin

Last edited by MJR; 07-02-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:31 AM
TE Expert

Default I wish I could sail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR View Post
Donato

I guess from your image above, ( different from your home page ? ) and from some of your other photos, you are off sailing.. That could give you some great photos, but maybe you are kept too busy with sheets and and sails and stuff !

Thanks for popping by !

Martin
I have a small sailing boat (32 feet) berthed at Taulada Marina, a place about 70 km from my home town (see Here),
I'm retired from work so at this time of the year I usually spend most of the time living on board there, and doing small sailing around the coast nearby. That is why I usually stop posting in Te or slow down the pace during the summer months. This year I cannot stay long there because my mother in law is ill (she's very old) and needs assistance so my wife has to stay with her at least three days a week. Furthermore the boat needs some repairing so at the moment I'm spending my time there working on her.

About photos your guess was right: being the skipper (and the only crew member, 'cos my wife can't help me) it's not easy to hold the wheel of the rudder, pay attention to the manoeuvres, etc. and taking photographs especially in those situation where it would be more interesting, i.e. approaching land. During sailing I can set my self steering device but generally the coast is too far away to produce decent photos, while when it's near enough I must be concentrated on the route and I can't leave the wheel.

Anyway I've posted some photos here taken from my boat, you can see them: Here
Here
Here
and: Here

About the photo (Captain Haddock) in my home page, it's because I wanted to stay anonymous. But then when I had to choose a photo for the forum I decided for a real one... (:-)

Do you live in Cumbria?
That's a region of England which I don't know yet and which I'd like to visit.

Have a nice Sunday,
Donato