Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2011-11-18 1:14

Ciao Donato,
I had the pleasure to visit this wonderful town two years ago. It is so beautiful and photogenic, and of course you did a great job there. This is a very original POV. I have spent there two days but I did not walked so far this path and now I regret it -this seems so pretty! The composition divides the view diagonally into two parts: foreground and a spectacular view opening in the upper right corner. Whereas the view is famous -the foreground is less popular which adds a very nice touch to the scene. The boat is really unique and presence of people who relax along the path introduces a peaceful atmosphere.
Fantastic capture in a great warm sun rays.
Excellent work,
M

Old 11-18-2011, 10:00 AM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: Original pov.

Hi Mariusz,

I will reveal to you what I have done...
before leaving to Porto I searched TE for photos of this town: Aires, Sacavem, Tobers and many others, actually there are a lot of them and some of them pretty good. I wanted to see from where they were taken. Then I looked in google map for those places. I also "visited" the town with google street (do you know this useful feature of google map?) to find out more interesting places. The photos of google street are taken from a car so you can only see streets where cars can pass. I went along the river because of course from there you have the most interesting povs, but the place from where I took the photo is closed to the cars and you can go there only by foot... yet I could see from the map that the place should be interesting... So I planned my visit of the city in order to be in all the POVs I had seen in the photos and in the map in the right hour and when I arrived at that point I discovered this foot path where almost no one passes. As I had imagined it proved to be an interesting point and also it lead me to the small square of Ribeira from an original pov.
Of course I shot several photos there...

Thanks for your visit and next time you go to a foreign city try Google street!

Donato
Old 11-18-2011, 09:03 PM
TE Expert

Thanks Donato. I will keep it in mind.
I usually prepare myself similarly, that is how I actually found TrekEarth first. But obviously I was not prepared well enough
I will check the google street next time.
Congratulations again,
Mariusz