To Royaldevon: Lift factor - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2016-02-01 2:04

Hello Ike,

I wonder what people would have said 100 years ago, if you had told them that you could transport 250 people across the world, from Israel to Canada and that it would only take 11 hours! I still marvel how these giants manage to stay aloft!

It's a great shot and one that you must be proud of! The aircraft is nicely tilted and shows up well against the cloudless sky.
It appears that the wheels are just retracting and that helped me to notice a small light on the underside of the plane.

You know, I might have copied and pasted a little more sky in front of the cockpit, to give a sense of space into which the plane could fly. I know how difficult it is to get such accuracies when things are moving at speed!

Have a lovely day,
Bev :-)

Old 02-01-2016, 10:59 AM
TE Expert

Thumbs up To Royaldevon: Lift factor

Hi Beverly,
You touched the most fascinatimng point of looking at airplanes: "marvel how these giants manage to stay aloft!" - this is why i admire such machines.
as for the other remark of getting more space in front: all of the planes-spotting web-sites requier a balanced and centered planes on the pic. space, that is the reason I cropped the original. Still, it had very little space to add in the original photo.
Thanks and a nice new week,
Ike