Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-02-12 1:33

Hello Kasia,
Welcome back. You were lucky to be able to enter this fascinating and eerie place, and you were really lucky that the lady in red appeared for you. Are you sure she was real, and not actually the Goddess of photography? Were you aware at that moment of the perfect balance between her and the glowing charcoal on the ground in the opposite corner? This is not only an almost unique documentary photo but also a superb composition with a strong diagonal emphasis. Now I will be extremely curious to see where you will take us next time. Sulawesi, N-K or maybe Abisko? ;-)Or perhaps you will even show us your latest journey.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 02-12-2019, 11:10 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To holmertz: Composition

Hi Gert
Thank you for your kind comments.
I wish I could say this was thoughtfully composed and matching focus points noticed at the time... But, in reality, my mind was very preoccupied with a. someone will notice me and kick me out of the temple any minute (that proved not true and unjustified...), b. the light was really poor, I was shooting on a tripod at 1600 ISO and exposure compensation I was going to adjust back later, just to capture some people taking part in the ritual other than total blur.
Next steps... will see. I think I promised Craig some photos from Japan...
All the best
Kasia