Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2019-02-14 3:21

Hello Gert,

Again a fascinating note and this time two monochrome workshop images which perfectly capture the goings on in these busy crowded streets of Leh while your main picture, perhaps taken just a sort way off the beaten track, perfectly depicts these two elderly gentlemen warmly greeting each other.

All three images are superb but I think your main image was a perfect choice, capturing the warm and respectful relationship between these two men. Are they greeting each other after not having met for many years or are they close friends who just happen to have bumped into each other this day? No-one will ever know.

Perfect!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:03 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: greetings

Thank you John for your kind words.
Of course I don't know anything about these two men, but I wouldn't be surprised if they met every day. In many parts of the world greetings are like ceremonies that can take a long time, often involving exchanges of questions regarding each others health, their families, houses, animals. Europeans would seem terribly rude to many people of Asia or Africa.
Best regards,
Gert