Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2019-09-23 9:29

Hi Gert
I think this is m favorite of the 3 you've posted so far, although that leaning/bend tower is pretty darn funny!
It must have been so different travelling back then, today we can just look online to see photos of the city/destination. and I wonder how much more simple your travels would have been if you owned or rented a car. seems like you did a lot of hitchhiking and to me, that increases the anxiety level of not even knowing if you'll get to your destination as you've planned, so much uncertainty. I'll have to look at those other TE meeting shots you mentioned. this is a fine view, that cement block in the fg is a bit of an eye sore, but i'll just ignore that. love seeing the old cars. quiet atmosphere, and I have to say I also wonder how it looks in colour! cheers
Craig

Old 09-23-2019, 05:52 PM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: colour

Thanks Craig.
Check the map view. It's in colour.
I basically agree with you about the eye sore, but if you look at the bridge you'll see that the cement block is actually part of the design of the bridge. I made a copy where I cropped the foreground but I found it lost something, so I stuck to the original view.
Cheers.
Gert