Zdjêcia

Photographer's Note

The sharpness is not too good, but it was worth upload because of its great overall beauty that can at least be appreciated.

----------------

The Palatine Chapel in the Royal Palace of Palermo, is the royal chapel of the Norman kings of Sicily, located in the center of the ground floor of the royal palace.

Commissioned in 1132 by Rogelio II of Sicily as a replacement for the previous chapel (now the crypt) built around 1080. Its construction took eight years and others for its decoration with mosaics and works of art. The sanctuary, dedicated to St. Peter, has a basilica dome. It has three apses, usual in Byzantine architecture, and six pointed arches (three on each side of the central nave), which rest on recycled classical columns.

As soon as you enter the palatine chapel, there is no gaze that can escape from such an intoxicating image. Covered with gigantic mosaics of gold background, religious images mixed with naturalistic elements follow each other. It astonishes the luminosity of a chapel without entrances of light, and that unfolds an explosion of color that is multiplied thanks to the mosaics populated by apostles.

Built by Roger II in 1192 in Norman Gothic style, this small chapel with three naves has measures of 33 meters long and thirteen wide.

Following the central nave, and guided by two rows of marble columns of different colors, we arrive at the space above which the dome rises, where the Pantocrator is escorted by a series of angels with wings spread out.

The mosaic that forms the bottom of the chapel of the left side nave also stands out, in which San Juan preaches in the desert in front of the mountains of the East and the sky majestically represented.
Some of the happy eyes that have been able to enjoy this gem, as the writer Guy de Maupassant have been amazed at the decorative ability of Muslim teachers.

-----------------------------------------------------

La nitidez no es demasiado buena, pero merecia la pena subirla por su gran belleza de conjunto que al menos se puede apreciar.

----------------


La capilla Palatina en el Palacio Real de Palermo, es la capilla real de los reyes normandos de Sicilia, situada en el centro de la planta baja del palacio real.

Encargada en 1132 por Rogelio II de Sicilia como reemplazo de la capilla anterior (actualmente la cripta) construida alrededor de 1080. Su edificación demoró ocho años y otros más para su decoración con mosaicos y obras de arte. El santuario, dedicado a san Pedro, posee una cúpula de basílica. Tiene tres ábsides, usual en la arquitectura bizantina, y seis arcos ojivales (tres en cada lado de la nave central), que descansan sobre columnas clásicas recicladas.

Nada más entrar a la capilla palatina no existe mirada que pueda escapar de tan embriagadora imagen. Revestida de gigantescos mosaicos de fondo de oro, se suceden imágenes religiosas mezcladas con elementos naturalistas. Asombra la luminosidad de una capilla sin entradas de luz, y que despliega una explosión de colorido que se multiplica gracias a los mosaicos poblados de apóstoles.

Construida por Roger II en 1192 en estilo gótico normando, esta pequeña capilla de tres naves posee unas medidas de 33 metros de largo y trece de ancho.

Siguiendo la nave central, y guiados por dos hileras de columnas de mármol de colores diferentes, llegamos al espacio sobre el que sea alza la cúpula, donde el Pantocrator está escoltado por una serie de ángeles con las alas desplegadas.

Destaca también el mosaico que forma el fondo de la capilla de la nave lateral izquierda, en el que San Juan predica en el desierto delante de las montañas de Oriente y el cielo majestuosamente representado.
Alguno de los dichosos ojos que han podido gozar de esta joya, como el escritor Guy de Maupassant han quedado maravillados de la capacidad decorativa de los maestros musulmanes.

Fis2, ikeharel, PaulVDV, jean113, mkamionka, holmertz, jhm, sacimar, macjake, ChrisJ, COSTANTINO oznaczy³ to zdjêcie jeko u¿yteczne

Photo Information
Viewed: 597
Points: 44
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 7960 W: 5 N: 14027] (62478)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH