Zdjęcia

Photographer's Note

Il Duomo di Maria SS. della Visitazione č la Chiesa Madre di Enna.
Monumento nazionale č tra le maggiori espressioni d'arte nella provimcia di Enna.
Il Duomo sorge nel centro storico della cittŕ, e si affaccia su Piazza Mazzini, della quale occupa interamente la fiancata nord.
La cattedrale č stata eretta sulle rovine del Tempio di Proserpina, nel 1307, per ordine di Eleonora d'Angiň, moglie di Federico III d'Aragona, per la nascita di Pietro, loro figlio, ma nel 1446 un grave incendio la distrusse tutta tranne un abside e una parte del fianco destro , cosě Papa Eugenio IV indisse un Giubileo della durata di 7 anni per raccogliere i fondi necessari alla ricostruzione dell'importante edificio di culto, a causa dell'insufficienza di denaro raccolto il re Alfonso d'Aragona vendette vari terreni, con il ricavato riuscě a ricostruire la chiesa .
Eretto nel XIV secolo, vi si leggono varie stratificazioni stilistiche dal gotico al barocco. La facciata cinquecentesca sorge su una scenografica scalinata. La torre campanaria, del XVII secolo, ospita una campana del peso di 101 quintali. L'interno, a croce latina a tre navate, e' particolarmente suggestivo per le colonne di nero basalto decorate con sculture e rilievi cinquecenteschi.

--------------------------------------------

Maria's SS Cathedral of the Visitazione is the Mother Church of Enna.
National monument is among the greatest expressions of art in the provimcia of Enna.
The Cathedral rises in the historical center of the city, and it leans out on Mazzini Plaza, of which it entirely occupies the broadside north.
The cathedral has been erect on the ruins of the Temple of Proserpina, in 1307, for order of Eleonora of Angiň, wife of Fred III of Aragon, for the birth of Pietro, them child, but in 1446 a serious fire destroyed it all except an apse and a part of the right side, so Pope Eugenio IV announced a Jubilee of the 7 year-old duration to pick up the necessary funds to the reconstruction of the important building of cult, because of the insufficiency of picked up money the king Alfonso of Aragon sold various grounds, with the result he succeeded in reconstructing the church.
Erected in the XIV century, they read you various stylistic stratifications from the Gothic one to the Baroque one.
The sixteenth-century façade rises on a scenografica stairway. The bell tower, of the XVII century, it entertains a bell of the weight of 101 quintals.
The inside, to Latin cross to three aisles, is particularly suggestive for the columns of black basalt decorated with sculptures and sixteenth-century reliefs.

paura, ChrisJ, gentedilivello, belido, paololg, sunamoon, jafadabret oznaczył to zdjęcie jeko użyteczne

Photo Information
Viewed: 8260
Points: 42
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by maurizio inserra (mauro61) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 5182 W: 217 N: 6694] (53411)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH