Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

SMT2 2009-04-08 11:44

Hi George.
Out of curiosity, how is it that you are able to post more than one photo per day when the rest of us are limited to only one? I like your theme of faces although I think it would fit better at TrekLens rather than here where the images are to depict places more than people, unless those people are part of a scene or intrinsic to the situation. You obviously know how to use your camera as your photos are very good. Perhaps you should check out the other sites managed by TrekEarth.

-Steve

Old 04-08-2009, 08:03 PM
TE Expert

Default To SMT2: perhaps you should...

What other sites ???

Old 04-08-2009, 08:18 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To SMT2: perhaps you should...

Well... TrekLens for instance. Your photos are REALLY good. But I just wonder, after reading the information about posting guidelines for THIS site (i.e. TrekEarth) if you wouldn't be reaching an audience more suited to the style of your work for the portraits that you've posted if you put them on this other site. Granted, you have other images of places (also very noteworthy, such as the lady in front of the thatch roofed house, which I also like very much), and you also have a loyal fan base here. I also see that you've had a run in with TrekEarth's moderators. I don't know what the circumstances were. Were you removed because of content not matching their guidelines? I'm interested to know. Maybe you could help me avoid making a mistake that would cause me to be blocked. It seemed to cause quite a controversy in the eyes of your friends here. Maybe you could fill me in.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 PM
TE Expert

" Maybe you could fill me in. "

Can you spare about ten years of your time for me...?

By the way - you really seems to be a well informed fella, Steve...
That treklens site ? I'm shocked...
Who could expect... Ha ?

All the best, buddy mate.
With the warmest regards and even warmest smile

george
Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
TE Newbie

Good luck friend. Hope to see more of your work.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:49 PM
TE Expert

What...?
315 of them is not enough ?
:-))

Respect, bro...
You've started the whole tread quite on the rather dumb side, telling me, the Polonaise - what I should do and what I shouldn't, yet - I must confess - you caught the drift pretty quickly.
And, it's your choice, Steve...
To stay on the smart side of the things, or go around and start collecting the points...

Just remember...

The amount of points collected on TE/TL is in sharp opposition to the IQ factor...

Take me for example...

I used to be a nice and clever dude.
Look at me now, after collecting some four thousand points ! ( possibly, there are people in here who have even more ?)

:-))))

Stay cool, pal.
Don't let them get into your brains.

salute
g
Old 04-08-2009, 10:53 PM
TE Expert

Hi Steve, the reason why all the photos of George were all of a sudden "de-activated" is not what you think, it was because he used a somewhat "strong" language while defending someone who could not do it himself against a sharp-tongue, for a problem of language and communication.

It was also because of a mistake by a moderator that the photos were never re-activated as it had been announced, more than 500 of them plus all the WS that he had done over 3 years - hence, the special permission to post more than one photo each day for a while.

Most of George's photos are in context and this one is the logic continuation of a series, that's why it is here - just have a closer look at the previous photos and the various themes, and I guess that you'll understand !

Best regards and please forgive my bad English, - it's getting late,
Cath.
(PS : I agree with Farah's (fkostas) ideas about TL, this photo is OK for TE for the reason that she is explaining !)
Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Banned

Hi Steve,

TL for George ? that florist shop ? ;-))).

Mind you, I love flowers. But one bouquet at the time will do.

Take care
Michčle