To Miha2ou7: Not too much at all : ) - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Miha2ou7 2009-04-09 3:47

Hey Tao,

A terrific picutre. Just a bit soft in the background, possibly due to the long shutter speed. I like the blooming tree, it adds a lovely mood.
Are you from Beijing? Hope I`m not asking too much. :)

Best regards.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:19 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Miha2ou7: Not too much at all : )

I am glad to answer your question.
Yes! I am from Beijing. Actually, I was born and grew up in here.
Honestly, there are two typles of Great Wall by visiting. One is only for tourists, which is rebuilt by government and totally new one, you can't find any ancient marks in there, such as Badaling Great Wall, I think you can read it in any travel book of China. Another one is real original GW, which is not open to tourists due to sort of dangrous landform or preservation aim. The photo which I took is one of them.
Whatever, if you are interested in it and visited China by any chance, I am very appreciate to guide you to do some exploration.

Hopefully, I am not answer your question to much.

Regards

Yangtao
Old 04-10-2009, 08:24 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Miha2ou7: Not too much at all : )

Hey again,

Actually, I`ll be in Beijing, and will have a free day to do some exploring (most likely 29. april this year). But I wouldn`t want to impose on you, and steal your time, although if you`re free I`m sure we can work out something. :) Already you`ve given me some useful info, and yeah - we`ll visit The Great Wall at Badaling (a bit crowded:|), but this one that you`ve shot looks more pristine and amazing.

I have so many questions, like if the air quality`s changed after the games at all, or is it back to same old, and so on, and how do you cope with it, living all your life there, what are some interesting sights, away from the prying eyes of tourists etc etc.

Hope to hear from you.
Best regards.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:44 AM
TE Newbie

Welcome to Beijing!
Actually, I am not sure if or not I stay in Beijing in that time due to business trip so frequent.
I have to admit that the air quality in Beijing is not good enough to compare with Europe's, however, I am sure you can live in here very well without a mark. At least, the air hasn't turn me into a freak or lung cancer since I spent most part of life in here.
Whatever, if you are available and willing to, feel free call me by any time in Beijing.
Moblie number is 13901223142.

Regards

Yangtao
Old 04-14-2009, 01:45 PM
TE Junior Member

Hey again,

Well, I guess I wont be bothered too much by the air, since I`m only there for a couple of days, in the meantime I`ll just hope for a relatively smog free couple of days. :) But even if they dont show up I wont let it spoil my visit of the beautiful city.

I`m sure we can get together some time (It`d be great to have someone who knows the city like his back pocket:), as long as you`re free. I wouldnt want to bother you if you`re busy working or have something else to do.

So if you find out if you`ll find some spare hours, you can please contact me through this site, before the 25th of April. I leave on the 26th. :)

Thanks, best regards.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:04 PM
TE Newbie

Ok! I hope so.
I am taking a business trip in Guangzhou right now, where is tha capital of Guangdong province in southern of China. Hopfully, can come back next week.
As long as I can confirm my schedule before 25th,April, I will contact with you by this site.
Whether or not we can meet each other, I sincerely wish you have a nice trip in Beijing.

Regards

Yangtao
Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 PM
TE Junior Member

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your help and good will.

Enjoy your trip to Guangzhou (It`s a lovely and hugely modern city from what I`ve seen on the internet) and we`ll hear from each other hopefully.

Best regards.