Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
TE Senior Member

Default What has made things so different???

I am finding it very difficult to ... be positive about TE these days. It is like a bitter fight with a spouse or lover that has not been made up yet. Still the same house, still the same people, but a strangeness I find hard to.. get past. A trust gone or, a warmth of feeling, something. Perhaps it will pass. I am not good with changes to things I am happy with. There are so many nice people and so many beautiful photos on here I would hate to leave, but this strangeness is making it hard.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:44 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: What has made things so different???

Shelly, I feel exactly like you. I donīt like to spend my time here anymore, but I miss my friends, their posts, all the activity that I canīt see now. I donīt know if I will stay, and if I stay, I guess that my activity will not be the same. We take time from the family conviviality at home to share our pictures and critiques with friends, but it doesnīt worth that loss anymore. I donīt think that I will change my mind about TE.
All the best to you,
Zeca
Old 05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
TE Expert

Shelly, Zeca, you both described the feeling so well.
You probably donīt know (and I hope you donīt) what it is to look to your beloved one and realize itīs just a matter of time to say goodbye or to let the other do. Itīs soooooo horribly sad. And yes, for some of us, TE is - or better saying - used to be our window to the world, and where our friends live.

I am looking and I have already realized. Itīs a matter of time for me now.
All the best to you.

Isabel
Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 AM
TE Expert

I wrote a message in my intro asking for those who are leaving to give me any notice, because I would like to keep in touch. I donīt know if there is another nice site, as TE was, but this site will not have my enthusiasm anymore by this way.
Take care.
Zeca
Old 05-27-2009, 03:11 AM
TE Expert

You're not alone ... see profile of a top ten member.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:52 AM
TE Senior Member

However much I might be unhappy with the changes made to a site I ... {not wanting to go off into one of my enthusiastic rants} was extraordinarily fond of, I will not delete my photos or my account for fear of losing touch with so many wonderful people and talented photographers... Many of whom I consider treasured friends...

Shelly
Old 05-27-2009, 04:42 AM
TE Expert

I donīt want to delete it also, Shelly, but if someone find a new good site, well... I will keep a couple of photos and a contact, anyway. There are many sites to post and TE was different. WAS. Letīs wait, but I am not determined to be active for a while.
Take care!
Zeca
Old 05-27-2009, 05:08 AM
TE Expert

Thank you Henk! Jaap is maybe the best. I am proud to be one of his favorites, and his steps are always important to me. I will pay a little bit more attention to that site, and maybe its time to open an account.
All the best,
Zeca
Old 05-27-2009, 10:19 AM
TE Expert

It's vast but divers, you'll have to choose and at least you can chose, they even keep track of all the links made to your photos. On top it is well protected, possible to authorize only those you like to blog your photos, possible to authorize who can see the big version, a well protected comfort-zone by a block-possibility to stalkers, option to keep some photo invisible to public, a blank GIF over your photos to avoid the right-clickers copy and paste, easy facilities to design your own website retrieving photos straight from there,
Possibilities are tremendous, not really nice design but who needs all the fuzz and publicity. It gave my enjoyment a new start, meeting so much more people in person locally in my destination.

Likewise like you said I'll keep some I reduce while emigrating after all the piracy from here, taking sooo much time of removing them ...
the biggest threat is to be considered on a free image bank so that even pirated stuff is used by companies like BBC, not aware that it is already pirated ... what a time-waste then again and again to make things in order again
Old 05-28-2009, 02:09 AM
TE Newbie

You people are making me want to cry!