Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Reply at 'critique received' page

Thanks Bibi
You are providing the members with a great service. I think if admin would only let us know what they are working on and a possible time frame all this hot air would not be generated. I'm still awaiting correction of the navigation & filtering through states/counties/provinces and the full lists of towns/cities available. It seems such a big task it's probably at the bottom of the list if on it at all. ;D
Kath
Old 05-27-2009, 12:19 PM
TE Expert

hi Bibi

Are you one of the mods? Of course your feedback here is appreciated.

One of the unspoken complaints here, all along, has been the lack of feedback or interval announcements from Admin. It is better to keep members informed than let them guessing and waiting for unknowns or problems unsolved. This makes many would wish to leave this site. If there is a site which is better than TE, I am certain many will go. But I am one who believes to give the Admin a chance to improve the site quickly and let members get down to photography.

What Admin is doing now. It is not unlike posting a photo without a note?

The reason I listed the bugs in numerical orders is just so that the Admin people can tackle them systematically and once resolved, simply strike out each item one by one, and leave room for other new bugs to be raised and tackled.

I do not believe Admin will withdraw and revert back to the old site. But that does not mean they cannot make it better so that members will choose to remain and be happy with the changes.

Cheers, bill
Old 05-27-2009, 12:47 PM
TE Expert

Hi Bill,

Am I one of the mods?
No, just a standard basic TE user that has been around for almost 5 years.

Am I thrilled with the new site?
No, because many of the functionalities of the old TE are missing in the new design and I also find it less intuitive to use. But I do like the new "look & feel".

Do I accept the silence from the mods/admins on TE?
No... I hate it! But unfortunately, since IB has taken over it seems like the rule is "minimal feedback and information to members". Personally, I agree 100% with what you wrote and would much prefer to have the site improvements managed by IB with regular feedback and some indications of the timeframe within which we could expect to see the changes implemented.

So who am I and why am I doing this?
I have the chance to have an email contact with someone who's in charge of the site's development and had already sent him my feedback during the Beta Testing phase. So when I saw all the negative reactions towards the new site on the forum (most of them totally justified), and the non-reaction of the IB admins/mods, I decided to compile a list of all the problems and send them personally to this person to get them fixed, one after the other... starting with the ones that seemed most important (like the fact that no one could post vertical photos on the first day). And since last week, I've just kept on doing it and I'm happy to see that we are slowly (but surely) getting there...

Cheers,
Bibi
Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 PM
TE Expert

hi Bibi

Thanks and I am hereby giving you 2 smiley points for this reply :). Sadly Adam made his remark about beta testing on the forum and disappeared. Cheers, bill
Old 05-27-2009, 08:43 PM
TE Expert

More news: The Reply function is now back on the Critiques Received page.

Bibi

P.S. Bill believe me, Adam has not totally disappeared... ;o)
Old 05-27-2009, 09:02 PM

I accept that many people are not happy with the new site, but I don't think anybody can accuse those responsible for the site of not listening - and acting. So many of the concerns raised are acted upon within a couple of days. I think appreciation of that fact should be mentioned.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:21 AM
TE Newbie

Great suggestions Bill. You should be an administrator. I'll vote for you! SeaN
Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 PM
TE Expert

a. to Bibi, thanks, I would like to think Adam is now Charlie's Angels hiding behind Justine
b. to Sean, I am only into photography for now, thanks

Actually, if some members on TE are enterprising, they can even buy over TE from Adam or IB? Or setup a new site with their own resources? Imagine, a site co-owned/run/managed by photographers.

:) Just a fun thought.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 PM
TE Expert

1. please place the Reply button at top rather than bottom of critique? It saves a bit of space/scrolling too.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:41 PM
TE Senior Member

some more:

- where are the links to "Welcome Gallery" & "Uncritiqued". they were quite useful before to help newcomers.

- no discussion link on the photo page

cheers

jorge