Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement kiasari 2010-11-19 20:04

Hello Filipe,

After 5 days, you have not replied my answer to your critique on my photo of Eiffel tower. So, I had to use this space to copy and paste my reply. Because I'm sure that you will read it.

---------------------------------------------
Hello Filipe!

Thanks for your attention.

I'm here on TE to enhance my skills in photography and not just for showing my photos. I do agree you: "A negative criticism is worth more", but a constructive comment.

The setting for this shot was:

Camera: Nikon D5000
Lens: Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6
ISO 200, f/8, 1 second.

I used a tripod and the best performance of the camera is in ISO 200. Please take a look at the curves in:

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Nikon-D5000-Digital-Camera-Review-20663/Noise.htm

In addition, based on the lab tests which is reported in

http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/1221/cat/13

for this lens the sharpest photos are taken is in f/8 (3-D curve) in which the blur index is less than 1.0 for the center part of the photo.

So, if you see the setting of this shot again, you realize that I tried to take a photo with maximum sharpness.

I agree that due to uneven lights, the photo was overexposed in some area, but I think the sharpness is good.

Thanks a lot for your attention again!

Best regards,
Abbas
----------------------------------------------

I would be grateful if you read it and let me enjoy a comment of a senior. Could you please describe me the scientific definition of sharpness?

Wait for your reply,
Abbas

Old 11-20-2010, 11:52 AM
TE Senior Member

Thumbs down To kiasari: And the comment to the picture?

Olá kiasari,

Thank you for your reply, I had already read.
You explained very well, I did not need to re-answer.
But what you did here is ungraceful. could always send an email whose address is on my page.

Finally, you gave me a negative note on this photo without uttering a single critical.
It seems to me that you want any hostility to me. Because I was honest with you. And now used for a little revenge.
Thus, our fellowship has no future. You need to have more warmth.
You violated the rules of the TE, personally I do not participate, but still will not have so much success here on ET.

Regards,
Old 11-20-2010, 07:17 PM
TE Newbie

Smile Try to be fair

Hello Filipe,

You replied: "You explained very well, I did not need to re-answer."
Why did not need to re-answer? I expect that you defend your critique by logic and reason and explain it very well.

"could always send an email whose address is on my page."
Is it possible to send an e-mail to a member address? So, why you didn't send me an e-mail.

"Finally, you gave me a negative note on this photo without uttering a single critical."
This is your critique:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Olá Abbas,

Not by a colleague (Fis2) is sincere in his criticism, and others like it a lot. You must use this argument.

If you want to be honest with yourself, you will see that the picture has little technical quality. A negative criticism is worth more because it is sincere and will help us correct our mistakes. We walked to always learn, right?

A good low-angle shot, but sharpness...
Quitting is not the way, enjoy the reviews of seniors.
Greetings,
Filipe
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, just an incomplete sentence related to my shot. "A good low-angle shot, but sharpness...". So, what you did here is ungraceful? Although you wrote that "A good low-angle shot", you gave me a negative point. I didn't write any thing and gave a negative point and you mentioned that the POV was good, but gave a negative note. Which of them is worse? It seems that you are not fair with me.

"I was honest with you."
If you are honest, you should defend your critique by logic and reason.

I'm sorry that I missed a senior member.

Best regards,
Abbas