Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macondo 2011-05-28 4:05

Hello Claudia.
A wonderful shot, using the light very well in addition to the undulating furrows on the earthy slope. Even without the old gate this would be a fine picture, aesthetically very pleasing. Anyway, you proportioned the green and brown very well in the frame, either in your original composition or the later crop. My only very slight reservation is the green, which to an Australian's eyes looks just a tad over-saturated, on this screen at least. But perhaps we are not used to such intense green in our grass! Very good work, and a pleasure to look at some of the thoughtfully composed shots in your gallery.
Regards,
Andrew

Old 06-07-2011, 04:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To macondo: Ruffled Farmland

Hi Andrew-
Thank you for your kind words and constructive comments. Yes, I did increase the saturation on this photo, but not dramatically so. The colors really were incredibly vivid! No cropping on this version - I purposely wanted to fill the frame this way. I took some others with the full field (and a red tractor plowing!) but liked this version the best.
Thanks again for your comments. I really appreciate them.
-Claudia