Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2012-09-26 13:58

Hello Joy,

This is a beautiful photograph with excellent composition and excellent light too. I can tell that you have certainly taken a lot of time an effort in taking this one, particularly because you took (and used) a tripod but also because the composition is so very well considered.

The sweeping line of the shoreline carries the viewer perfectly from the foreground greenery around the beautiful blue sea of the bay and way off to the horizon below a clear blue sky, the horizon just perfectly swathed in a touch of ditant haze.

The details of the buildings is stunning and the sharpness exquisite throughout. Your colours are vibrant but true, the contrasts are perfect and your exposure spot-on.

A very interetsing note tops off this presentation perfectly!

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 PM
TE Newbie

Default To tyro: Chesil Beach

Hello John,

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I must admit I did put a bit of effort into this shot. My husband had gone off for a wander around the WWII buildings while I found a convenient bench to admire the view and set up my equipment. I think I was lucky with the weather and light too.

Kind regards

Joy
Old 09-28-2012, 12:58 AM
TE Expert

Default Peace and quiet to do your own thing!

Ji Joy,

Thank you for your reply.

That sounds like the perfect time you had to yourself to set up for this picture perfectly! I'm not sure if your husband is really interested in photography or not but my wife certainly isn't - one of the most frustrating things when we are out walking and I stop to take a photograph is that she will just continue walking right into the frame and if I say anything, she just turns around and glowers at me and tells me to hurry up! Definitely not conducive to a good picture!

So, if your husband is anything like my wife, you were lucky to have a few minutes to yourself so that you could leisurely set up all your equipment and make the very most of this beautiful view. And you succeeded too!

Kind Regards,

John.