Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great rigoletto 2013-11-29 4:04

sallam rahim. your note is a killer. do you really knock on doors to take photos of people inside? i could never dare to do that! where do you find the courage? but your courage gave you a splendid portrait of this beautiful little girl. the light on her face is fantastic.

ps: you are right about the lack of "decisive moments" in our photos. however i don't find it right to limit photography to "decisive moments". even when you look at the photos of well known magnum photographers, the amount of decisive moments are quite rare. and this makes them more precious maybe, but i regard other genres also with respect.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:03 PM
TE Newbie

Default To rigoletto: sallam

sallam
excuse me if my note made this imagine that i knock the door for taking photo. we knocked that door for bread and i add ``for bread`` in my note .

yes,about ``decisive moment`` ,when i saw your photo from that stairway in Vatican, i feel that a thing not exist there to make a powerful living in your photo,the objection that i accept that exist in my photo too.
i remembered a photo from Cartier breson from an stairway.he waited hours for a bicycle to pass and he took and lots of his photos from stairway every where.

by the way,i really weary about repeated critiques on net.you know what i say. i am trying to write with all the things that i know from photography,may be it is not more, but it is just thing that i can do for a kind friend.

Jabber
Old 11-29-2013, 03:30 PM
TE Expert

yes, i know what you mean about getting weary of repeated critiques. it happens when you take critiquing as a mass production

in order to avoid it, i spend some time on the photos: examining the details, reading the notes and previous critiques, putting myself in the place of the photographer and thinking about how i would take the same photo, etc. it takes some time, but i find it precious becasue it forces me to think about photography. i also appreciate a lot some unique critiques and comments on my photos, your last two were good examples, making me further think about how i could improve.

if you consider waiting for a bicycle as a decisive moment, then i will next share a bicycle photo, which i had waited for a lot of time

deniz