Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great abmdsudi 2016-01-29 2:15

Hi Lisa
What an eye opening great capture! I love your writing....

It's a day of mourning for The Indigenous People and this reflects the history of European colonialism around the world, the last being apartheid Israel. Their pattern is always the same: Land grabbing, rule and divide, apartheid policies, white supremacy and privilege, genocide of the indigenous peoples and religious intolerence..........

Long life to the First Nations Peoples, Hats off for posting this, Lisa. My congrats
Best wishes

Old 01-30-2016, 01:29 AM
TE Expert

Smile To abmdsudi: The Silent Genocides

Dear Abmdsudi

Thank you for your kind words on this photo. It means a lot to me and I agree wholeheartedly with what you write about European colonialism. I particularly agree with your views on Israel and the genocide they are perpetrating against the Palestinian people. It leaves me dumbstruck that the world can turn its head away from it. The situation is the same in West Papua, which is now a bloodbath. It seems that not all lives are equal.

As a lawyer, I have worked with Aboriginal people for 25 years. I love and respect them and my heart breaks at the trauma they have suffered and continue to suffer at the hands of my government and the racists in this country. Their knowledge, generosity and intelligence, despite what they have suffered, at times bring me to tears. That my government in the modern day can still actively participate in the extermination of the oldest surviving culture in the world, makes me wild with anger.

Thank you for hearing their voice.

Warmest wishes
Lisa