Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2021-07-12 12:42

Hi Paul,
I have to admit, everything I know about Brunei, I know from you. So now seeing another spectacular mosque is quite surprising to me. I thought there will be one impressive mosque and that is it.
I am not surprised now why you were going through all those wooden footpaths, that was all to get here.
It looks a bit scary and as if one could easily loose their way in the labirynth of them.
Fantastic reportage,
M

Old 07-12-2021, 09:01 PM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: No difficult labyrinth

Thank you Mariusz,

Like a town or village is a labyrinth of roads, a water village is a labyrinth of wooden walkways.
But losing your way here seems impossible to me. After all, it remains a 'water village' and not a 'water city'.

You can orientate yourself by the wide Brunei River that flows on one side, the position of the sun and the domes and minarets of different mosques that are visible in many places.
However, it may not always be possible to take the shortest route to the intended goal …

Kind regards,
Paul
Old 07-12-2021, 09:09 PM
TE Expert

PS: Just to clarify:
The mosque was not the intended end goal of a long trip on the wooden walkways. It was the walk itself that was my goal.