To nwoehnl: Protective tree - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great nwoehnl 2004-03-28 11:29

A pity that this image has not drawn more comments, Su. I think you found a beautiful shooting position here that uses the grand tree in a wonderful way covering the whole width of your frame. Plus, the tree seems to be acting almost like a kind of protective roof over the fort - a beautiful structure. The shot is rich and detailed with good colors and contrast. The two kids enjoying the shadow of the tree are a fine addition to the scene. And finally, I don't think your notes could be any better. Great work!

Old 03-30-2004, 07:05 AM
TE Newbie

Default To nwoehnl: Protective tree

Thanx for the very kind comments, Norbert.

Norbert: "Plus, the tree seems to be acting almost like a kind of protective roof over the fort"

Reply: Glad you noticed the protective element! I also like the way the tree seems to be sheltering the kids from that dark and threatening sky. I tried all different kinds of angles to try and get that shot, but the background was just too busy and I couldn't get the DOF I would have liked.

Regards
Su
Old 03-30-2004, 01:10 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To nwoehnl: Protective tree

I don't think the DOF is bad at all, Su. Also, the tree's shadow is falling nicely into the yard without putting any part of the fort into the dark. I think this shot is just fine and beautiful.