To waskahegan: *Mayan hieroglyphics* - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great waskahegan 2004-05-02 14:34

Pedazo hermoso de historia, supongo que la escritura alrededor del medio del borde algo?
Digo: Serpiente.

Old 05-02-2004, 05:19 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To waskahegan: *Mayan hieroglyphics*

Hello my dear friend Francis.
The Mayan hieroglyphics are a complex and very interesting system of writing. I will investigate a little but it has more than enough this to see if I can decipher some of these symbols. Do tell me Francis, you believe that it is a dragon or a snake?. Thank you for your comments. Feliz Fin de Semana. Saludos :) *Ninfa Urania*
Old 05-13-2004, 09:47 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To waskahegan: *Mayan hieroglyphics*

Hi Ninfa,

i believed to have said it... afflicted

The Maya ceramists were members very educated of the elite. They decorated their potteries with the slip, a mixture of finely ground pigments, of clay and water and y represented rites and myths and also decorated them geometrical reasons and for hiéroglyphes .

I am not an expert but it seems me than it' the Jaguar god who is represented on the plate .

he lived the World of in bottom, the residence of deaths. Every morning, he became the god of the Sun and travelled through the sky, towards the west, where he fell down in the World of in bottom.

it's only my opinion...

Good day Ninfa.