Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

rosaline 2006-06-26 9:15

Hi Edvin
Nice image of this famous river and bridge. The scene is nicely lit up and the view is well captured. The picture is overexposed though. You can overcome this in future shots by using a filter to cut down and even out the light - a polarizer or ND filter will do the trick. Also the sky is too dark, so taking the picture earlier (during the blue hour) would have given a nice, rich blue sky and richer colours with more detail. Taking the picture during the blue hour also helps to reduce the contrast between very bright and very dark areas making exposure control much easier.
The symmetry of the composition needs a little more balance too. You should have pointed the camera down a bit more to get a more even balance between the buidlings and the reflections in the water as they are a little cut off. Finally, the shot is a little soft in focus, this is probably because there was either some slight vibration of the tripod and the fact that you used F/4 as an aperture. If you want optimum image quality and sharpness then you should always use F/8 or F/11. Stick as close to the middle appertures as you can. I hope this all helps
Cheers
Aubrey

Old 06-26-2006, 11:01 PM
TE Newbie

Default To rosaline: thanx for pionters

Thanx for the pointers. I do have couple photos taken a bit earlier than this one. The reason I used f/4 it seams that lens I am using can not handle f/11 + well. I bought this camera just before i went on holiday in Italy and took a lot photos (on auto) and a lot came out with soft focus.( i am not sure if foulty lense or i need much more practice)regards edvin