Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-07-2004, 12:59 AM
TE Newbie

Default The trip to Italy

Hi Jack!
Would you say exactly what day would tbe day one be for you? Perhaps, just perhaps, I could go with you because I would be in Germany in those dates. And how much is for prices other than hotels?
Thanks,
Jürgen
Old 07-07-2004, 01:07 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Possible TE Exhibition - Italy

Did all the concerned members had already been contacted ?
Old 07-07-2004, 01:38 AM
TE Junior Member

Adam- kudos to you, it would seem all your hard work is paying off. Same to all the members here, great job..............(I've already contacted them and given permission).
JJ
Old 07-07-2004, 01:59 AM
TE Newbie

I'd like to extend a big congratulations to the Trek Earth community - this exhibition sounds like a fantastic opportunity to show our world to others "offline" while at the same time showcasing the multitude of talent here at Trek Earth. I'd love to see the exhibit for myself but unfortunately Trieste is a long way from home.

In regard to the management of obtaining each image and consent to use, would this process be easier done online? If a site was created that included the terms of usage - the photographers rights etc, the requirements for the image (size, format, final submission date), and a method for uploading the files, I think the process would be a lot smoother. The end of July is not that far away.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:28 AM
TE Newbie

Yes, complete agreement from me, Adam! Well done; it's good to see TE getting the recognition it deserves, and thatb some of its members are getting this fantastic opportunity.

I have alreday been in touch with them and given my permission. Thanks, Adam, for forwarding their invitation.

Ray
Old 07-07-2004, 07:41 AM
TE Junior Member

First of all, congratulations to you Adam and thank you for the opportunity. Some of my questions have already been asked by others here. IMO creating a TE section of the selected photos is a good idea. Also, since so many TE members are involved, posting the specs, deadlines and other info on the site would be helpful and would possibly save time.

For those who are going to the exhibit, I wish I could join you, but as someone else already said, Italy is a long way ... from Canada. Have a good time, you guys! Send us homebodies e-cards. And be sure to capture the event on camera and post it on TE.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:57 AM
TE Expert

"Did all the concerned members had already been contacted ?"

Yes, an email was sent out to the concerned members a while ago.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:08 AM
TE Expert

"In regard to the management of obtaining each image and consent to use, would this process be easier done online?"

Yes, but I purposefully left that part to the exhibitions coordinator due to lack of resources. The terms and requirements etc. should be discussed directly with the exhibitions coordinator.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:13 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: The trip to Italy

Hi Jurgen

I have so far opened for an interest and a way to travel, and the dates will be fixed based on - first of all that the Exhibition is realised, then if some other members have possibility to join for part of the way, it would be nice also to combine with a day or two in Venice. All as a litlle "get together" and a small photo session. So presently I will leave the dates open.

So far within the periode 2nd to 17th of Sep. is an option mentioned by another member (you are welcome to give your "time window"..)

Prices for gasthauses/small hotels should be app. € 35 -55 pr. night. Depending on participants and where they join along the route, we split the direct cost: gasoline and road toll fares..

Jack
Old 07-07-2004, 12:53 PM
TE Newbie

Hmmmm... well Italy may not be as far from me as some of you guys in Canada and stuff, but it'll still be a distance to travel from the Middle East. Hopefully if my schedule is right, I'll pop over.

Hey whoever manages to get down there grab back some shots for the rest of us.