Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great DarkoG 2007-02-02 4:16

Hello Dominik

I think I could give you answer on a questions you made in your note.
This photo is I am sure in that taken on saturday because on sunday this market is close and you took this photo after working hours before the market was cleaned from this garbage.
You wonder why is this market organized in the middle of old town. Reason is very simple. Tradition. In past Zagreb was consist of two parts Kaptol (where this cathedral is) run by church and Gradec ( old part of Zagreb on opposite side of market) run by civil authorities. In the place where market is today people of two parts meet for trading or for fight when this two parts were in some kind of local war. That happend in middle age some 700 - 800 years ago.
Your photo is well composed with nice colors and it shows the period of day when market activities are over.
To show the community of TE how this place look during working hours I will post photo of this same place taken from opposite sides during market working hours.
Regards Darko

Old 02-02-2007, 05:37 PM
TE Newbie

Default To DarkoG: thanks!

Thanks a lot! As I wrote - it is natural functin of that place so it can be organised here of course, but in many towns, markets like this are lokalized somewhere far from the cntre not exactly in the same place like in medieval times. But You know, it is very interesting and worth sustaining. I like it!
thanks
Dominik