Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

stego 2007-08-07 15:24

Hi Matej,
This one is my favourites of the newer page of your gallery.
You chose a good pov and, like on the others, it features beautiful colours and light.
If you allow me the critic, I think your photos would improve much with some more careful on the time of shooting and in PP. Most of your posts are indeed interesting, nice to look at, but they have much of the air of "just pretty snapshots", sometimes with careless pov's, tilt and apparently no PP at all.
My preference for this one is much because of it features a more careful pov. Nevertheless, with that light, I think it could have more saturated colours/contrast. I did a quick WS.
Regards, José.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:25 PM
TE Newbie

Default To stego: Hello Jose,

tkanks for the workshop, I apologize I didn't answered earlier. About your comment to my photos: yes, they are usually just pretty snapshots, sometimes it's better, sometimes even not so pretty. I newly added my profile where I wrote that I publish photos mainly to show places (except Polish Kraków I'm adding mostly places rarely or not present on TE), not to have artistic ambitions. But now I'll slowly start adding photos of my homecity (Prague) where I have more time to prepare and the average quality of photos will be higher, I think. About the workshop: I think the colours of original photo are OK, look more natural, your version seems too oversaturated for me, maybe it's influenced by computer monitor which we have, I have CRT, not LCD display. The rotating is good idea, I would use a bit lower angle.

Have a nice day,

Matěj