Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great sahelip 2008-06-10 21:48

little cutie pie :)
i saw ur profile & photos.i m interested about Arunachal.can u please give me some idea about 1. how to go there(dont want to go with travel agent)?2.Places to visit? 3.Is october will be good time to visit there?

will wait for ur reply.

~Saheli

Old 06-14-2008, 02:45 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To sahelip: Arunachal

Hi Saheli,
Thanks for your comments. Arunachal is a beautiful place, very scenic. October is indeed a good time to go. Nice weather.
There are a number of tourist circuits in Arunachal. We went to one of the most popular ones - Guwahati, Tezpur, Bhalukpong, Bomdila, Dirang, Sela Pass and finally Tawang - near the Tibetan border. Its better to get your own vehicle from Guwahati as Bus service along this route is pretty irregular. If possible make your hotel bookings in advance coz there aren't many places to stay and October is high season. The Arunachal Pradesh Tourism lodges at Bhalukpong, Bomdila, Dirang and Tawang are great value for money. But their booking process is cumbersome. You need to phone or fax in advance and even then one cannot be sure. We went in December-January, it was snowing and most hotels were empty. But then you can get stranded on Sela Pass like we did during a heavy snowfall.
If you need any more info, do let me.
Best Wishes
Sabyasachi