Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2021-03-05 4:53

Hello Bev,
Age and technique is more visible here, but it's still a very charming photo and a treasure worth posting. I have a strong feeling her parents had made sure to put on her best clothes for this important day. I wouldn't like to go barefoot here, but she had probably done it from the day she learned to walk. I wonder if she remember this. Did you send any copies of your photos to the villagers?
Have a nice weekend,
Gert
PS I forgot to look at the WS, or you hadn't uploaded them before. They are both very interesting and colourful and could have been worth being main photos, unless you have so many more that are even better.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:09 AM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Village Children

Thank you, Gert.

We sent a lot of books to the school as the girls were using slates as writing surfaces and had virtually no visual aids. Girls aged 4 - 14 were taught in the same class! That was some special teacher!!
The boys were sent to an all male school for morning study.

I was in charge of Literature at our school so did an audit on the library to remove as much as we could afford to send to the village school, along with reams of paper and writing implements. I cannot remember if we sent photographs or not! That's age for you!!!

Thanks for your interest.
I know the photographs are not of the highest quality but they do tell a story, Bev :-)